3D Modeling ArtistPosted on:
About USB Memory Direct:
USB Memory Direct has specialized in producing custom flash drives for over 10 years. Our clients are located all over the world, and include many Fortune 500 companies. We have created a lively startup culture in our office and value work just as much as fun.
We are seeking a 3D modeler on a contract and case-by-case basis. The work will involve creating vivid 3D models for varying products. Product applications will range widely in both complexity and the materials used. Some models will use multiple parts and materials to achieve a final product that meets the customers requirements.
The position will focus on modeling, texturing, and lightning photo realistic custom shaped USB flash drives. In some instances designing will be required when working from a verbal description or when customers only provide alternative examples of a product.
Although understanding of engineering and mass production techniques are used in the creation the custom USB drives, it is not required to possess knowledge of such techniques or have worked with them previously. However, candidates will be exposed to many manufacturing limitations, based on the type of process used.
Manufacturing techniques will also range considerably based on the materials desired by the customer. These techniques will sometimes present design challenges that will need to be overcome either by presenting alternative designs or designing around the specific manufacturing processes. When manufacturing obstacles occur, engineering staff will be available to make suggestions on how to model the product. Such obstacles can include limitations in mold making techniques, casting techniques, or CNC milling restrictions to name a few.
- Create 3D models from existing real world products, abstract concepts, or exact specifications.
- Apply textures and lighting to models to create realistic models of products for customer approvals.
- Strong knowledge of texturing especially with hard plastics, soft matte surfaces, and transluscent surfaces.
- Strong knowledge of object lighting.
- BONUS: Understanding of manufacturing constraints such as injection molding, CNC milling, and experience designing around those constraints.
- Experience working with 3d modeling software such as solid works or 3dsmax.